With EOFY fast approaching, it is time to update our inventory of skills here at Foley Business Consulting. Just in the same way that we need to organise our financial affairs for the 30 June financial year end, it is vital to routinely audit the skills within our company. Over the course of a typical year, staff will have been hired; staff will leave; and staff will update their skills. Therefore over time, the mix of skills and experience in any organisation will change.
How do I conduct a skills audit? Well, it involves drinking hot chocolate and eating lunch. A lot! And I have done just that with our people in cafes across Melbourne and Adelaide.
The sugar rush aside, I have gained an even greater appreciation for the skills, experience, and good humour of our people.
So, what can we do?
- Business Classification Scheme (BCS) design
- Change management strategies
- Disposal schedule reviews
- IT Infrastructure planning
- Budget and resource planning
- Project design
- Project management and reporting
- Design (program, individual courses, materials)
- Train the Trainer and Trainer mentoring
Web Content Writing
- Scope requirements
- Prepare content (articles, blogs, newsletters, About Us pages etc.)
Our people include:
- Business analysts
- Project Managers
- Records Managers
- Technical leads
If our skills and experience can fill a gap in your EDRMS team, contact us to discuss how we can help you.
And I can recommend some good places for hot chocolate as well…